SAMPLE SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT – PROVIDED FOR REFERENCE ONLY
YOUR PERSONALIZED CONTRACT WILL BE PROVIDED BY HOMEOWNER AND MANAGED THROUGH DOCUSIGN
This Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement by and between B&B Associates, Ltd. (“Homeowner”, “We”, “Us”) and [GUEST NAME] (“Guest”), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the Property for the duration of the Rental Term. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree:
- Villa Grand Piton (“Property”) is located in Soufriere, Saint Lucia, off the Anse Chastanet Hotel Road. The Property consists of furnished living and dining areas, three furnished bedrooms and bathrooms with linens, entertainment room, kitchen with appliances, swimming pool and gazebo.
- The Rental Term begins at 4:00 p.m. on [Check-In Date] and ends at 11:00 a.m. on [Check-Out Date].
- The [Number of guests]-person Rental Party shall consist of [Name of each guest].
- Prior to Check-In Date, Guest may increase the size of the Rental Party to six by informing Homeowner and paying an extra-guest fee of $50 US per night for the fifth and sixth guest. Failure to disclose and pay for extra guests prior to Check-In Date will incur a charge of $200 US per night per extra guest. We will deny lodging to any person that would exceed our maximum of six overnight guests.
- Guest agrees to be held financially responsible for actions of the entire Rental Party.
- Guest must be present during the entire Rental Term. Upon request, any member of the Rental Party paying for rent or services with a credit card or PayPal account will prove identity with a government-issued driver’s license or passport that matches payment information or signee identity.
- Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules (Exhibit A) at all times while at the Property and shall cause all Rental Party members to abide by the Agreement and the Rental Rules at all times while at the Property.
- No member of the Rental Party may invite any person onto the Property without prior written permission from the Homeowner. Unauthorized guests will be considered as trespassers and escorted off the Property and subsequent violations may result in eviction of any or all members of the Rental Party with no refund for the remaining Rental Term.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the villa or on the property except at the designated smoking area, and trash from smoking (e.g., butts) may not be brought into the villa. The first violation by any member of the Rental Party shall result in a warning. Subsequent violations may result in eviction of any or all members of the Rental Party with no refund for the remaining Rental Term.
- Other Services (cooking, etc.), may be arranged with or through Housekeeper or Driver. Such arrangements are neither included in the rental fee nor covered under this Agreement. Guest must pay for such Services in full prior to Check-Out Date. Payment services provided by Homeowner are for the convenience of the Guest and shall not be construed as an acceptance of responsibility or liability for the paid-for services.
- Security Deposit: A refundable Security Deposit of $500 US must be paid to Homeowner no later than seven days prior to Check-In Date.
- If Guest does not pay in full for Services or Extra Guest Fees prior to Check-Out Date, Homeowner has the right to apply the Security Deposit to such charges prior to applying Security Deposit to damages.
- Guest is responsible for damages to the Property that are above and beyond normal wear and tear caused by any member of the Rental Party. Homeowner shall notify Guest of such damages within seven days of Check-Out Date, and invoice Guest for replacement or repair costs of missing or damaged items within 30 days of Check-Out Date. Homeowner will apply monies remaining in the Security Deposit after reductions from Clause 12 to such invoices and refund the excess, if any, within 30 days of Check-Out Date. Guest agrees to pay for damages and Service and Extra-Guest fees that exceed the security deposit within seven days of receiving invoice.
- If there are no Damages and Guest has paid in full any charges incurred for Services or Extra Guests, Homeowner will refund the Security Deposit in full within seven days of Check-Out Date.
- No illegal or commercial activities may be conducted on the Property.
- Homeowner has advertised the property in good faith and shall strive to ensure the operation of all amenities advertised. Guest acknowledges that the infrastructure in St Lucia is not robust and there may be interruptions in utilities that are not the responsibility of Homeowner. Homeowner will make commercially reasonable efforts to correct reported issues quickly but shall not be held financially responsible for the failure of any amenities to work.
- Access: Guests shall allow Homeowner access to the Property for purposes of repair, cleaning, maintenance, and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
- Housekeeping services are included in the rental rate. Housekeeper must be allowed to clean at least every other day and has the right to enter the villa and clean if Guest is not keeping the villa adequately clean between scheduled cleanings. Housekeeper shall be allowed one day off during Rental Term.
- Homeowner and staff of Villa Grand Piton are not liable for personal injury to members of the Rental Party while on the property, or for loss of personal property, including items in an in-room safe. Guest acknowledges that Homeowner has described the inherent hazards the Property may present to children [for those with children under 13]. Guests are advised to purchase traveler insurance and carry their own personal injury and property insurance.
- Homeowner advertises Property on multiple booking sites. Homeowner does not provide price adjustments or offer low rate guarantees, nor refund service fees paid by Guest to listing sites.
- The staff members of Villa Grand Piton are designated representatives of Homeowner and are authorized to enforce or otherwise carry out the terms of this contract during the Rental Term.
- This Agreement is not transferable or assignable without the written consent of the Homeowner.
- Cancellation Policy: Homeowner will refund deposit if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to Check-In Date, less a 6% fee to cover Homeowner expenses such as PayPal fees. All monies paid by the Guest will be forfeited if Guest cancels 60 or fewer days before Check-In Date. Guest is strongly advised to purchase travel insurance.
- The second rent payment is due 60 days prior to Check-In Date. If the entire rental fee is not received by 55 days prior to the arrival date, Homeowner shall have the right to assume Guest has cancelled and the normal cancellation policy shall be in effect.
- Execution and Default. This contract shall be executed by Homeowner upon receipt of the full deposit and the Guest’s execution of the contract. If Guest-executed contract and deposit are not received before [48 hours after Homeowner sends contract], Homeowner shall not be obligated to execute this contract.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of St Lucia.
X___________________________________________________ Date: __________________
X___________________________________ B&B Associates Ltd. – Villa Grand Piton
COVID Addendum (for certain dates)
- Covid Certification: Property must receive Covid Certification from the government to provide accommodation to Guest. As of November 1, 2020, Property has applied for but not yet received such certification but believes in good faith that such certification will be granted prior to Rental Period. Homeowner shall notify Guest promptly after receiving notification of certification. Homeowner’s liability for failure to receive such certification is limited to monies paid under this contract.
- Notwithstanding Clause 23, Guest may cancel and receive a refund of all monies paid any time before Property receives Covid Certification.
- Covid Protocols: Guest agrees to abide by government-mandated Covid protocols in effect during the Rental Term. Such protocols are designed to minimize interactions between Guest and non-authorized personnel to limit potential transmission of the novel coronavirus.
- Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes, vaping pens, or other similar devices) is not allowed anywhere on the property. Do not bring cigarette butts into the villa for disposal.
- No mosquito coils, candles or other items that are designed to be ignited are allowed inside. We have mosquito rackets and nets, and LED candles throughout the house for ambiance.
- Staff coverage and access: Housekeeper and groundskeeper will arrive around 9 AM and ask for permission to enter villa after the back doors are opened by Guest. Groundskeeper and Housekeeper may stay until late in the afternoon, depending on the amount of work to be done and the transportation arrangements. Night caretaker arrives approximately as day staff leaves and remains outdoors overnight, until approximately when day staff arrives.
- The main purpose of the staff is to maintain and secure our home. Housekeeper has the authority to set a schedule for the staff that meets this objective at her sole discretion. She will work with you to set a schedule to accomplish as much of this as possible while you are not at the villa, if requested. Guest may not dismiss a staff person. If Guest is not satisfied with Housekeeper’s schedule, Guest must contact Homeowner to request a change. The villa is not available to rent without the staff.
- The Housekeeper must be at the villa on days when you have requested that she make meals for you.
- No glass around the pool. Broken glass in the pool is very dangerous and almost impossible to clean out. Please note – if you break glass in the pool, you will liable for the cost of draining and refilling the pool. The cost can be as much as $1000 US, as we may have to purchase water in truckloads to refill the pool. We have unbreakable plastic glasses in the freezer and stainless steel mugs for your use outside.
- Please be safe - no diving in the pool as the pool is only six feet deep.
- Our property manager/housekeeper will meet you upon arrival and show you around the villa. If you have an issue with the villa then, let her know right away. Be sure you know where the villa manuals are before she leaves, and please take a few minutes to read them to gain familiarity with the villa to maximize the convenience and comfort of your stay.
- If there is an issue with anything during your stay, please let one of the staff or us know immediately. We work best with guests who are good communicators! The staff is there to help you have a wonderful stay at Villa Grand Piton, but they can’t help if you don’t tell them about the issue. If you are not comfortable telling them the problem or they are not solving it to your satisfaction, call, text or email us and we will address your concern.
- Use of villa items off-property: you are welcome to take the following items to the beach or on activities with you: beach towels and blanket, beach umbrellas and chairs; snorkel gear; sun hats; sunglasses; picnic gear; coolers; thermoses; binoculars, umbrellas and rain jackets. Please be careful with all these items, and bring them back. The next guest will appreciate using them, too.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order, and return items to their storage place when you are done.
- If you lose, break or damage something, or inadvertently take it home with you in your luggage (please double-check your luggage when you leave), please let us know so we can keep a good inventory to help us replace items for future guests. We’ve worked very hard to provide a lot of things to make your vacation comfortable and stress-free (charging cords, snorkel gear, beach towels, etc.). Please repay us by leaving them there so the next guest can enjoy them, too. Items are very expensive to replace or repair in St Lucia and may be irreplaceable for several months due to lack of availability or shipping time.
- Use appliances only for their intended use, and use them correctly. If you have any doubt on how to use an appliance, check the villa book with the manuals or ask a staff member. We’ve left printed directions for many of the appliances.
- Do not leave out any food that will attract uninvited pests. This includes food and crumbs remaining on dishes and spills of liquids containing sugar (ants can find sugar within just a few hours). Do not leave dirty dishes around the house or in the sink overnight. You may place them in the dishwasher and run the “rinse” cycle” if there are not enough dishes to run a full cycle. Keep all the food in the refrigerator or in sealed containers, or heavy zipper storage bags.
- Housekeeping staff shall be allowed access to the interior of the villa no later than 10 AM on the Check-Out Date.
- Neighborhood quiet hours are 10 PM to 8 AM. The area around the villa is quiet and peaceful. Please respect the tranquility and limit noise to a level that does not bother the people in the nearby villas. No loud parties or music played at excessive volumes. Our staff has the right to turn your music down if we receive complaints about the noise.
- Please help us conserve energy by turning off the air conditioning, lights, fans, etc. when not being used. The air conditioning was installed to blow cool air on the bed and make sleeping more comfortable. The windows are not covered by glass and the interior walls do not go to the ceiling, so the air conditioning will not cool the room as efficiently as in a tightly-sealed room, and leaving it running when you are not in the room will do nothing but waste electricity. During the day, our staff has the right to enter the villa to turn off air conditioners, fans, lights, etc., that are not in use.
- Toilets: Do not flush anything other than toilet paper and human waste. Do not flush feminine products at any time.